Grant me patience
to deal with my
BLESSINGS!

Friday, October 10, 2008

Six Quirks....

Okay, so I have read a few other blogs where you write about six quirks you have. They were very entertaining for me so I thought I would write down six of mine! Russ seems to think that I have MANY quirks about me that he just can't understand, so here goes...

#1. I am what Russ calls the "Volume Nazi" at our house! There are many noises I can tolerate, but t.v. noise really grates on my nerves! Why is it that the volume can be on a reasonable level during a show, but when the commercials come on, the volume is twice as loud? And I can't stand the annoying music many commercials use that is loud and obnoxious! Can't we have them with no music or background noises? So...I have become the volume Nazi! In essence, when the television is on, it is always too loud, and I am constantly saying things like, "Hello...it's a bit loud, eh?" "Seriously, if you turn it up again, I'm going to smash the screen with a hammer!" (this being said on my bad days!)BUT, I have trained my husband well, and he can now vary the degrees of volume according to what is going on, and he does it much to my acceptance!

#2. I have a fetish for grooming. Explanation: I cannot stand to see Russ, Anna, Carter, or family member, friend, or stranger with ungroomed hair, finger nails, toe nails, dirty face, ear wax, eye boogies...you get the point? I am constantly grabbing my kids and locking them in my mommy-death-grip to scrub a face, clean and clip finger nails or toe nails, fixing hair, and so on! No one in my family can get away unscathed!

#3. I cannot stand for things to be out of place. I despise clutter and am constantly putting away the piles that Russ creates for his weird and odd purposes! If I walk into a room and notice something that is not supposed to be there, I can't stop thinking about it until it is where it belongs! If I have to wait to do the dishes, I can't stand to have the dirty dishes all in disarray on the counter tops and in the sinks. I always tell Russ that if there has to be a mess, it at least has to be an organized mess! So, I even have to organize the dirty dishes just so, stacked just so, and then I am okay! Weird quirk? You tell me!

#4. I hate walking on the kitchen floor barefoot and stepping on a crumb or on the minuscule tiny organic materials that gather from everyday activity! Ooh, I get SO annoyed! So, usually I have to wear socks or slippers everywhere! But If I step in something wet in socks.....

#5. I can't go a day without showering and washing my hair. There are many very clean and hygienic people out there who do not shower everyday, and I think that is all fine and dandy, but it will drive me crazy if I do not shower every single morning! I have tried, believe me, but I end up crumbling and jumping in the shower mid-day because my scalp feels funny! And I can't stand that yucky smell a person's scalp gives off when it starts to get oily....ugh....oily head smell!

#6. There is a huge difference when I cook a meal and when Russ cooks a meal. While I am cooking, I wash and clean what I can in the process, and always put everything away after I use it. If a splatter gets on the stove top, crumbs fall on the counter, a drip in the sink, I always have to wipe it all clean! I am very methodical and organized in my own quirky way! When Russ cooks, I can barely stand to not intervene! It looks like chaos to me, with pots and pans all over, food here and there, crumbs and splatters galore....aaaaahhhh.....it's my nightmare! But, I am very thankful to have a husband who cooks for our family, so I try not to let it drive me utterly crazy!

Now that I am done, I feel like the quirkiest quirk there is! Like some have said, maybe it is obsessive compulsive disorder...who knows....I am just glad we all have our quirks about us! Makes life more interesting! So....share your quirks with me!

2 comments:

Suzie-Q said...

Very nice I am glad Iam not the only one with cleaning fetishes. although my house is most likely not nearly as clean as yours. I have to remember we are in a small space and with three kids three is bnondto be toys around and they aren't going to be cleaned up till they are asleep.

Cami Jo said...

Okay. Can I just say Diddo? To EVERY SINGLE ONE!!! I can't believe how you nailed EVERY ONE right on the head!

I usually end up muting commercials because I HATE the noise!

I always clean as I cook. (James never does. Maybe it's a guy thing?)

Anyway, that was too funny. Yep. we shoulda been sisters!

okay- about this weekend. I really think we might take off to IF. If we do, you should totally meet up with us. Give me a call later in the week, and we can figure out details. I'm just trying to get a feel right now, of who wants to come, and what time works for everyone. I'll blog it later, so you can check there too. Hopefully we'll see ya then!