Grant me patience
to deal with my
BLESSINGS!

Monday, February 16, 2009

TAG! Bla, bla, bla...

I admit, I have no pictures to post, and maybe I don't have much to say, but here we go...

Lately...I have been sleeping in too much...and enjoying it even more! I have figured out that I hate liquid foundation and am much happier with a light dusting of powder and a little blush....and I am done in minutes!

I decided that I don't have to do the dishes three times a day, and am becoming okay with a sink full of em until the end of the day....and sometimes I feel rebellious enough to leave them until the morning!

I eat chocolate and never feel guilty about it...and my kids eat chocolate too...and I still believe I am a good mom for allowing them to enjoy one of life's simple pleasures.

I am realizing that I am the only one who knows how long the kitchen floor has been mopped, the toilet scrubbed, the carpet vacuumed. No matter how much you scrub the carpet to clean up your toddler's throw-up...it seems like the smell never quite goes away.

Patience is something I have to work at EVERY day. When I lose my patience...I feel awful inside. When I was in kindergarten, my teacher helped our class make Thanksgiving books. One question she asked everyone, and then wrote our answers in the books for us was: "What is one wish you have?" My answer was:"I wish my parents wouldn't fight so much." I never want to be that kind of parent. Having patience and not losing my cool with my kids is more important to me than anything.

Family Home Evening, I am discovering, is so important to have each week. When it is my turn to do the lesson, I always feel the confirmation of the Holy Ghost as I am teaching Anna and Carter a principle of the gospel.

Life is never too hopeless to stop praying.

When I feel like my prayers go unanswered, and I feel I have been praying and praying and praying, for days, months, even years for certain things....and just when I am feeling the most frustrated...and I think, "What does it matter anymore?" something small and amazing happens to renew my faith and hope that the Lord is there and He will not forget us or leave our prayers unanswered.

I like to eat chips and salsa for lunch sometimes...and I discovered Anna does too. We enjoy eating our chips and salsa together. We eat too much....but I think years from now we will both cherish our little habit we've recently made together. Sometimes, when Carter won't go down for a nap...and I really want him to because I think I need a break...I let him stay up and I always have the most wonderful time with him...laughing and playing....I tell myself I need to be less selfish and share my time with my kids more often.

My dream job would be to work in a bakery...making all kinds of yummy delights...and decorating the most amazing cakes like you see on Food Network's "Ace of Cakes" show! I always wonder how much better our lives would be if we didn't have television....yet there are moments where my life was saved because of it!

I think that Russ and I need a much much bigger bed. I love to sleep alone....Russ hates sleeping alone! I cannot stand to sleep facing Russ...he breathes hot breath on my face. I am always more cold than I am ever warm...but when you pay your own electric bill, you find that being cold is much more preferable than paying a huge bill.

Russ says I only give him "chicken pecks" for kisses. I admit...I am not very fond of kissing....I think it is a stress, I do too much during the day, clean, cook, clean some more, play, give here, give there, give to Anna, give to Carter, talk and explain and teach, worry about this and that and even what I am not supposed to worry about, then clean and cook and bathe, read this book and another and another, deal with tantrums, toddlers fighting, teach some more, explain some more, give and give and give. By the end of the day, I feel like I cannot give any more, and sometimes I don't. But what I am finding is that even when I do so much in a day...it is never enough to completely drain me that I can't give just a little bit more....like one kiss. So...I am trying to be more fond of kissing....it's not so bad.

I love home-made fruit smoothies. I love granola cereal. I love sushi.

Someday, I want to have a huge garden.

My children are beautiful...even when they have dirty faces.

When my kids are being difficult, I don't feel so bad about it anymore, because most kids are difficult....it's not just mine! There are some really awesome moms out there, and each day, I try to be a little more like all of you that I admire so much. Each of us has talents, strengths, advice, and knowledge of different things that we need to share with each other.

I have learned to NEVER say Never!

Sometimes I get teary-eyed during commercials...weird, I know, and I cry now more than I ever used to. It feels good to be emotional...I have always just held everything up inside. I am working on being a better communicator...some days I am awful about communicating things to Russ. It is REALLY hard, sometimes, for me to say how I feel...and I argue with myself in my head for long amounts of time before I get the courage to say what I want to say. But I am getting better. I think Russ wonders at times, what is happening to his wife!!! It's good for him! I feel like I am changing so much, and it makes me feel free.

Russ ALWAYS tells me he loves me...all throughout the day. I wish I could see myself through his eyes. I need to love him more.

I need to say, "Thank you" more often.

Sometimes, saying things that don't really seem like much, ends up with you saying more than you could ever say, when you find that others can relate with you and you find your own life very much connected and intertwined with the lives of every other person out there. This might seem like a bunch of bla, bla, bla-ing....but...I think that in the end, all of your bla-blas make me and my life better.

I TAG all of my blog readers to post a bunch of bla, bla too.




.....................I'm waiting!

7 comments:

Lucy said...

Thanks for sharing you with all of us!! I miss you soo much!!

The Meredith's said...

Amber! I love you and all of your thoughts!! I always look forward to reading your new posts because they always make me think. You're such an awesome wife, mother, and sister-in-law! It was so good seeing you last weekend...I wish it was under different circumstances, but I'm glad you were here anyway. Thanks for sharing!

Erica Bazil said...

You really do always have such thoughtful posts. I enjoy the read. It'll take me time but I'm sure I'll get a blah blah post out there soon enough!

Cami Jo said...

I loved it. I really enjoy your posts! How insightful you are. Plus, I secretly enjoy hearing that such a sweet girl loses her temper, and struggles with her kids too. It makes me feel so much better about myself! Anyway- watch for the blah, blah, blah post. I'm sure I'll have one out there soon enough!

Danielle Prince (Mingo) said...

Amber thanks for all the help. Things are slowly getting better. Morgan too was put on reflux medicine, and it has helped a lot. Please add me to your list. I would love to stay in touch

Rachel M. said...

Oh Amber, I just love you!!

Jennifer Lyn said...

That was fun to read. I have a friend who says that you can learn more about each other through blogging. I love it! We miss you guys and love reading your blog!