Grant me patience
to deal with my
BLESSINGS!

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

In comparison....

Carter John Meredith at 18 months old.

Anna Belle Meredith at 18 months old.
Can you see the family resemblance? These two may look a lot alike, but I promise you, they are different in more ways than we imagined! Anna was actually quite pleasant and calm...Carter is very active and is our tantrum-man! Anna was actually quite obedient, didn't get into the things we told her not to, when we put her in her bed, she stayed there, and by 18 months, she was already showing signs of potty training. Carter....on the other hand....likes to do everything we tell him NOT to do, and often times smiles or laughs when he gets into trouble, he gets into EVERYTHING he is not supposed to, we check the garbage can regularly...we always find something in there that we DON'T want thrown away, the kid gets out of bed at least 5 times a night, and he has NO CLUE whatsoever about potty stuff! It's like re-learning everything with each child that comes along! At least we can say this much....our lives are always full of surprises! We LOVE Anna and Carter more than words could ever express! What a blessing children are!
(I try to tell myself that each day....during that tantrum, through the crying, struggles, fights, sickness, messes....hey...it comes with the territory....and I have to say I have more patience than I EVER imagined, and I realize that you can never learn enough about being a good parent! There is always something to improve! )

2 comments:

Suzie-Q said...

I just love looking at my kids when they are the same age like that. I love to see what was the same and what is different.
Cute! Cute! Cute!

Erica Bazil said...

What a good idea to do the comparison thing. I might have to copy you on that one of these days. It is amazing how different your two kids can be huh?! I've found the same thing (even in my pregnancies with them - complete opposites). I'll have to ask my friend what the cost of a little bracelet would be (I just end up watching her kids in exchange so I get mine for free) but I doubt the cost of her supplies to make one is much. I would love to make one and send it to you if you want. What color would match a lot of her wardrobe or would you want a multi-colored one to match most anything? Would you want a fancy-type one for church or a cutsie one for everyday type wear? Then I think I'd just need the measurement of her little wrist. I would show you a pix before sending the bracelet to be sure it is something you'd like. Anyway - let me know - it would be fun. When's Anna's b-day?