Grant me patience
to deal with my
BLESSINGS!

Monday, March 2, 2009

Hey...don't come around our house....






Let me "vent" a little about the sickness that has hit our little family over the last month! It all started with Carter only a few weeks ago, when he came down with croup. This is the third time since October. The poor kid could barely breathe with all the wheezing and coughing, so we ended up taking him into the doctor's clinic and he got a steroid shot, which helped immensely! He actually slept all night, which we were so grateful for! We were going on three nights with little sleep, and barely functioning during the day because of it!
After Carter started to get better, Anna woke up one morning a few days later and started throwing up! She did that all morning, then seemed to be fine, but then that evening came down with an awful cold. Her sinuses were all plugged up and her eyes were watering constantly, nose running consistently, and she was quite miserable! To add to the miserable-ness, I came down right after that an awful sinus cold too! I think over the next two weeks, I literally blew out all of my brains! Yuck!
We had a break for a few days, we were all finally getting sleep at night and feeling quite happy during the day. Anna was once again learning to talk without whining constantly and we didn't have to worry about Carter throwing himself on the floor because we looked at him wrong!
Wait...I spoke too soon...just this past weekend, Anna and Carter got sick again! It started with a runny nose for the both of them, and then progressed into coughing which continued to the point that both of them would cough until they threw-up...mostly liquid and a lot of mucus! They weren't eating anything, and just laying around acting really lethargic. Even Carter, who cannot sit still for more than a few minutes, would just sit on my lap and never move!
Sunday, we decided that they had more than just a bad cold. We took them to the clinic and they were tested for RSV, which both of them had. We were given a prescription for Albuterol to give them with breathing treatments and then to come back again on Monday, since Anna had a fever and her oxygen sats were only at 85%. Hopefully, they both get better soon! To add the cherry on top of the sundae, I just came down with another sinus cold last night. Woo hoo, we're so excited! The hardest part is watching our kids feel so miserable, and not being able to do very much about it!
So, don't come around our house, if you are wise, because it is full of a bunch of grumpy, whiny, temperamental and sick people....yes....including me!


6 comments:

erin j bailey said...

Oh I am so sorry! What an awful way to spend a month!

Suzie-Q said...

that is so sad! We have been dealing with a lot of sick around here too it has been making me tink maybe we should move sooner because it might have something to do with the apartment but I doubt it. I think it mostly has to do with the season!

Erica Bazil said...

Oh, no fun. We went through a spout of sickness a couple months ago and it's so frustrating. It's hard with a family because things get passed back and forth between eachother. Gosh, I hope you all get feeling better soon!

Matt & Ali said...

Oh Amber that stinks. So sorry. I hate being sick and I seriously try to talk myself out of it, but that rarely helps. If you are sick you are sick. I hear that those breathing treatments are the ticket though, so everyone should feel better soon.

Jeigh said...

Sorry to hear about all your sickies! It's so sad when they are that sick, and even worse when you are feeling crappy yourself. I hope everyone gets better soon. Just hold on...spring is on it's way, I can feel it!

Jenete said...

That's no fun at all. Hopefully you all get better soon! I send all my blogging get well wishes:)