Grant me patience
to deal with my
BLESSINGS!

Thursday, March 5, 2009

A year ago....






This is what we were up to about a year ago! Time goes by too fast, but I am glad I can look back and see that we were trying to make the most of it! Dang it....I LOVE my kids! That's my baby girl....and my whole life! Isn't she adorable? Anna has grown-up so much this last year! She is so smart and is such a great big sister...most of the time! She has an amazing imagination and loves to play "pretend" with anyone! She loves books and telling stories, she can pretty much do ANYTHING all by herself now, and she's still as stubborn as a mule! Some things never change! We have gone through some major tough times with Anna, but she learns and is always wanting to make better choices. She tells me often, "Mommy, Jesus want us to make dood choices! When we make bad choices, it make Jesus sad, huh?" Anna loves to have Family Home Evening, playing games on the computer or playing board games with the family. She loves her movies and cartoons! She is still such an organizer and a little OCD about certain things...but let's face it, she takes after her mother! I love to listen to Anna talk, and some nights before bedtime, she will sit on her bed with me by her side, and talk and talk and talk about virtually EVERYTHING! ! What means the most to her is when we spend TIME with her. I love those moments I have with my daughter! She is such a little pouty, grumpy rain cloud at times, but then such a bright spot in our lives too!



And here is Carter, also known as "Tartar Sauce", "Bubby", and "Kid"....among many others! He has changed so much in a year! A year ago the kid couldn't crawl and could barely roll around! All he wanted to do was hold my hand and walk! Hmmmm, just like his big sister! Carter has always been full of smiles and has had such a fun and pleasant personality! Now, a year later, we are seeing the "other" side of that personality! Yes, the one that shows his stubbornness, temper, and how mischievous he is turning out to be! Carter is talking so much now and can't sit still for a minute! He loves to kick and throw balls, watch basketball on TV, LOVES balloons, and playing with his cars and trucks. He already enjoys teasing his sister and looks at me all the time with a little look that says, "I'm about to be up to no good!" and did I mention the word "Temper Tantrum"?? Well, if you ever want to see a good one, just come on over to my house!! He will even add to the drama by banging his head on the floor a few times, then slap his hand over the top of his head where he purposefully hurt it, and then come running to me for consolation! On the other hand, Carter will randomly come up to us and give us loves and kisses, and he is always smiling about something! You just cannot resist a cute little guy with dimples! We love our little Bubba so much! Dang it.....I LOVE my kids!! Did I mention that yet? I feel like a momma bear and Anna and Carter will always be my babies! Ah, isn't being a mom just the best?
So, tell me, what were YOU doing a year ago???

2 comments:

Cami Jo said...

That was fun to read. I remember your little family a year ago, and it seems like it went by SO fast! They grow up so quickly, it's amazing. Hmmm....what was I doing a year ago? Same thing as now, I guess, but with Carson 2, and Kenzie 1. Crazy!

Johnson's said...

Good to see my kids aren't the only ones growing up to fast! They are sweet. F.h.e is so worth it. It keeps us strong.