Grant me patience
to deal with my
BLESSINGS!

Sunday, April 5, 2009

On my mind...






So...

Today, I let myself lose my patience with Anna....I wish I could NEVER do that. And now, watching her sleep, I realize how PRECIOUS she is to me...what a sweet little angel Father in Heaven has sent to our home. I love her little under bite, which makes her bottom lip stick out in a perma-pout....especially when she sleeps! And I hope I can always remember the moment today, after I got upset with her and lost my patience and finished my little "mommy lecture"....she crawled over to me, a few stray tears still running down her cheeks, and gave me a big HUG. I looked at her little face, with remnants of chocolate around her lips, hair in all disarray, pony-tail almost fallen out....and I told her, "Oh Anna, I love you....no matter how mad I get sometimes!" And she just SMILED at me....with that cute little dimple set deep in her right cheek! How is it we deserve to have these little darlings? Little children are truly the greatest blessings to have in a home....and I feel GRATEFUL to have these brief moments in my life where time seems to stand still for but a few seconds....and I forget all about the toys strung all over the living room floor, and the crumbs that seem to multiply faster then I can sweep them up, dirty dishes, stinky diapers, dust and laundry.....and I get a glimpse of what is most IMPORTANT...





Hmmm......

Need I say more?

4 comments:

Jesy said...

Wow... I can totally relate Amber. To the before moment... the "How may times have I said not to dump dog water on Beckett's forehead?" moments...when you get really frustrated.
And then again with the after moment, when they come to you with tears in their eyes because they are so hurt that they've upset you. Children are so innocent and sweet. They want to do good. In those moments, I realize how much teaching I need as well.

Love ya!
You're a great mom!

Lucy said...

I love this post. Thanks Amber.

Suzie-Q said...

I have that same problem, getting upset with my kids, I wish they would just listen so nobody would get mad and upset but that is just a dream.

Cami Jo said...

I'm sorry you lost your patience, but can I tell you how nice it is to hear that I'm not the only one?! I feel so BAD after I lose it with one of my kids. Why does it happen? I guess we're not perfect, huh? It's good that you can still let her know that you love her, and even feel that love after you've had a rough go! Kudos to you! Your kids are so lucky to have such a great mama!