Grant me patience
to deal with my
BLESSINGS!

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Oh my heck....he did it!!!

I decided that Carter was showing all the signs of being ready for potty training, so I told myself yesterday, "Hey, what the heck am I waiting for, I am going to just start potty training him NOW!" So...I put him in his underoos, bought some Pull-Ups, and here we go! The amazing thing about Carter is he has amazing bladder control! He stayed dry all morning long, but the hard part was he also didn't go pee once on the potty! (I am going to have to start offering him lots of yummy drinks to push along the process!) Then he had nap time, and woke up wet, and then stayed dry for hours before he finally had an accident, which I was expecting. Once he had the accident, we hurried to the potty, he sat on it, wiped his bum, then said "Bye pee" and flushed the potty. We put on him dry under wear, and then kept "practicing" by going back to the potty as many times as we could, to help him remember the pattern of what to do when he gets the urge to go.

This morning, I was expecting he would have a poopie coming. He ALWAYS has a poopie in the morning, about the time he finishes eating breakfast. So, I kept watching for the signs, and when it seemed like he had to go, I told him, "Carter, quick, run to the potty and go poop!" So he did, and went his first poop in the potty! He was so excited and afterwards lifted his arms up above his head and said, "YESS!!" I had him give me a high five, and then we got Anna and showed her. Afterwards, Carter kept coming back into the bathroom to keep looking at his poop! He was very impressed!

Anyway, I am hoping he catches on quickly. If any of you have ideas as to how you potty trained your boys, I would LOVE to hear about them all! I am just so glad Carter is not resisting and has never felt any fear of the potty and actually enjoys sitting on the potty and going "pee"!! Potty training is definitely not my most favorite thing to do, and I actually dread it! But afterwards, it is so worth all the efforts!!! Good luck to all of you who are potty training too!!

1 comment:

The Meredith's said...

Yeah for Car-Car!!!! That's awesome! (The video's a little gross, though.)