Grant me patience
to deal with my
BLESSINGS!

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Painting, painting....and more painting...and much neglecting of all other things!


 So...I started out with this...
which evolved into:

 

 

Here's the layout of all the canvases.
I struggled here and there...
but of course the creativity clicked on and I came out with:

 

C.J.-Chelsea Jane
W.R.-Wesley Roy
Our two love birds...
with heads in the clouds...

 

 "i heart u"
So cute when the bright flash light is not there!

 

 October 24th...wonderful day of the marriage for Chels and Wes!
(*note- they are getting married the day after my anniversary with Russ!)

 

I did a little rearranging of the canvases....it worked much better for me and my artsy brain!

 

My favorite piece of the whole thing!!!


 

And then I added a sillouette of the Rexburg temple, where they are getting married.


 

And here is the finished product...well, almost finished! I am adding a saying from a song in vinyl on the small square one at the bottom right...and maybe place some fun words in vinyl in a few other places...and then I have to paint the sides and then I am done!

What a fun project to do! Just wanted to share since I know a lot of you were curious as to how things were going. I would love to have your input!

9 comments:

Johnson's said...

WOW! I wish I had some creativity. I haven't looked at your blog in awhile. It was fun to see your family growing and changing. I am glad you are having a good time in Rexburg. I liked reading your comments about Russ. You guys are really a great match! Have a good one! kristin

julie said...

I am so impressed! They are beautiful! Great job!! Is there by chance, anything you can't do?

The Meredith's said...

Amber they look great!!! I'm so excited to see them in real life! You're amazing!!

Erica Bazil said...

What a talent you have little lady! I loved your post a few back about our blessings/burdens. It puts things in perspective doesn't it!? Thanks for the thought.

Suzie-Q said...

That looks amazing. I really had no idea that your talent was so amazing.
Very very cool!

Jeigh said...

Those are awesome! Now I can try and work some of those elements into the flowers, too! I am, as always, amazed and jealous of your painting talent!

Sarahie said...

I love them! You are so talented. Can I copy your I heart U idea? I would love to make something like that for our room. I don't think I can do it as well as you, but I can try. =) Thanks for sharing!

Rachel M. said...

Amber...you are INCREDIBLE!! I love the Rexburg temple...so happy!!

Ryan and Andrea said...

Wow! That is awesome. I didn't even know you could paint! Wish we could've been there to see it in person & also to hang w/everyone.