Grant me patience
to deal with my
BLESSINGS!

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Resolution # 2

Be INSPIRED by this, as I was:

Create

This year...I wish to create! Oh my, I have so many many plans, ideas....even ones that remain, still, upon the tip of my tongue!
I want to fill my home and every aspect of my life with wonderful creations.
I now, proudly, own a Cricut. Yes! That definitely spells...c-r-e-a-t-e!
I received for Christmas lots of new, fresh-smelling, clean and white and ready to be painted....canvases!
Yup....did I hear a little "create-song" ring in my ear?

Oh...the possibilities!

But not only will I create with brush and paint anything, any feeling, emotion, thought....but I will create something more within the walls of my home.

I want to fill our home with the LOVE only a mother can bring, the smell of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, laughter when something goes awry...

Quiet after there has definitely been WAY TOO MUCH NOISE...

And fill up our moments with words from the best kinds of books....and especially words from the scriptures. I want to create times where there is more music than television noise, more singing of hymns and primary songs...even if I TOTALLY CANNOT sing in tune at all!

I want to create more days where we spend LESS time being busy...and create MORE time to BE STILL.

I want to know, at the end of the year, that we logged in more hours sitting upon the floor in our tiny little living room, or at the kitchen table, on our bellies in the bedroom, having spent abundant minutes upon minutes talking, answering questions, playing pretend, making up stories, LISTENING, pondering, searching with one another for all the reasons why we live the way we do, why we choose to believe all the things we do, why we wear this and don't wear that, why we have made this decision and have decided to stick to it....NO MATTER WHAT!

I was made and born to CREATE...

And there is NOTHING in this world I cannot do....nothing I cannot accomplish...
Though the world might try to entice me....make me believe that being at home will cripple my spirit, reduce my worth, or discredit my achievements...
Oh, the cunning ways of the world might try to get me to spend more time and money in malls and shopping centers where new "things" will surely solve my problems and unhappiness...
The world might try to persuade me to become so busy with all the things it has to offer...that I barely spend a moment worth REMEMBERING or ENJOYING...in my own HOME.
Oh no! I will not let the world trick me into believing such lies.....
Home is where the HEART is. Where is your heart? What do you seek for each day?
The greatest and most wondrous truths will instill upon the hearts of each of us and our family members
as we seek to CREATE a HOME that is a HAVEN from the world, a home where we realize our DIVINE potential...

For I am a DAUGHTER of GOD.

A spirit daughter of the "most creative being in the universe."

"Isn't it remarkable to think that your very spirits are fashioned by an endlessly creative and eternally compassionate God?

Think about it!

Your spirit body is a MASTERPIECE created with the beauty, function, and capacity beyond imagination.

Creation is your opportunity in this life...
and in the life to come...
start small...
creativity does not require a brush, a pen, or the keys of a piano...
Don't let the voice of critics paralyze you...
you will make the world a better place...

Improve, Beautify, Extend, Smile, Cultivate, Develop, Create

The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit, the greater your capacity to create." Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Once again, I have been truly inspired by such words...

I feel a change inside of me....

a new kind of burning.....

a new kind of thirst....

to become more...

To create something that has not existed inside myself before this moment...

2 comments:

Jennifer Lyn said...

Thanks for that! You are so inspiriting! Good luck with your new year!

Danielle Prince (Mingo) said...

You are very inispiring. I wanted to tell you to get vinyl for your cricut at hobby lobby or Michael's and make vinyl lettering quotes for your home. I have them all over my house, and absolutely love doing them with the cricut and so much cheaper! I love, love, love cricut machines!