Grant me patience
to deal with my
BLESSINGS!

Friday, January 22, 2010

Kitchen "Demolition" -Woo Hoo!


 Here are a few pictures of the kitchen "project" Russ and I helped his parents with.

 
 They put in new flooring and all new cabinets and fresh paint.

 
 Russ was very "manly" doing all the macho manly stuff that he does so well!

 
 These cabinets and I are very close. I pretty much sanded (with Peg's help), stained, and applied the polyurethane to ALL of them! It took FOREVER!
I'm sure my cells have mutated from exposure to fumes...

 
 Yay!! It was such a HAPPY moment when Russ FINALLY got the sink in! We were all getting tired of having no stove and washing dishes in the bathroom sink and tub!

 

 
 Finished....pretty much....and it only took...oh....10 days....

 
 So SO pretty! I will post later some before pictures so you can get the whole effect! And I have some pictures of the new light fixtures too!
 

 
 This is what we had to live with....kitchen table in the middle of the living room! It was enough to drive us crazy!
 
 But we had a few little cuties who added some comic relief....

 
 and drama to the work!

I never imagined re-doing a kitchen would be so much work, but I am SOOOO glad we could help! My in-laws....who I consider my own mom and dad.....were worth EVERY minute we spent transforming their kitchen! They are the most AMAZING parents in the whole wide world and our love has gotta be etched deep into their "new" gathering place....I mean....the counter-tops are made of Amber, you know....

6 comments:

Rachel M. said...

That looks incredible!!! Way to go!!

Shauna said...

You guys did a good job! Looks amazing!

Jennifer Lyn said...

WOW!!!!! I am so impressed! We have spent a lot of time at Mom and Dad Meredith's. And it looks amazing! Great job you guys!

Marc said...

Great job! Looks awesome.

Suzie-Q said...

Well I now know who to call when I need my kitchen re-done.
It looks great. you guys did an awesome job.

Erica Bazil said...

I can only imagine the hard work! I've never attempted a project so big. But what a pay-off, the kitchen looks fantastic!