Grant me patience
to deal with my
BLESSINGS!

Friday, October 14, 2011

A little ordinary, average, everyday Goodness...


This morning I HAD to take a picture of Anna before she left for school because she just looked so darn cute! I am trying to find new ways to fix her hair since she decided she did not want bangs anymore. Her bangs hit her right in the eyes so we have a long while before she can tuck them behind her ears.

Here are a few tidbits of information about her:

She is surprising me this year in first grade at how many friends she has made. Each week, we hear about a new friend she sat with at lunch or played with at recess. She has struggled with shyness and social anxiety her whole life, so I am very relieved to see it getting better and better.

Anna is excelling in reading and math. The goal for all first graders is to read 16 words per minute by January. Anna is already reading 32 words per minute, which was so exciting for us, as parents, to hear! She loves to read! Right now she has been working hard at reading a chapter book, "Meet Kaya" from the American Girl series. She can't read every word, but she sounds each one out, and in my opinion, that is the best kind of practice for her!!




Loo has been working on the art of making "fish faces" and she is getting quite good. There's talent for ya!! Another recent talent is clicking her tongue, fine tuning her technique for "fake crying"... for example, I will scrunch up my face and say, "Boo, hoo, hoo!" and she will mimic me. She's getting to be quite convincing! She is also very good at crying for attention, especially crying at grandpa and getting him to take her outside to see the "woof, woof!" She loves to say "Hi!" and "Bye!" and even heard a random woman say "Bye" while we were at Walmart, and Kya said "Bye" right back! She can barely stand to see another cousin holding one of her toys, and will quickly try to take it away. She's showing us how well she can cry crocodile tears too, after we stop her from taking the said toy away from the said cousin! Talent, I tell you!







I don't know about you, but I think Batman needs some more work with his "fish face." Batman has been gracing us with his presence lately, as well as Wolverine, Spider Man, and Iron Man. An occasional Power Ranger will vist too. All of these super heros have one thing in common: they like to run, jump off of anything they are not supposed to, and yell...a lot. It's been real.....fun. Today Wolverine rode his "motorcycle" that shoots fire out the back to the park with me. I also found out that Wolverine loves to drink Egg Nog, with a straw. And Wolverine went down for a nap today very well....much better than Carter would have. I think we are gonna keep Wolverine around for awhile, as long as he stops jumping off the couch.

Not much else to report. Kya will be one year old next weekend, Russ and I will celebrate our 7 year wedding anniversary, my sister Emma has the most adorable newborn baby boy, Jaxton, my sis Haylee is officially engaged to be married December 30th, we made lots of sugar cookies that we need to frost tonight, I am planning on posting pics of Kya's quiet book I have been working on, Kya is now drinking half formula, half whole milk, and hmmmm....got lots of laundry to do this weekend!

There you go, just a little, ordinary, average, everyday goodness!

Have a very happy weekend filled with lots of everyday goodness!!! And, uh...we'll keep working on those "fish faces"....right Batman???

4 comments:

Erica Bazil said...

Always love to hear from you - i especially love your kid updates! Maybe we need Wolverine to come visit us too - we are having a hard time getting Cash to fall asleep with the newly acquired bunk beds that apparentally are just oo entertaining to fall alsleep in. :)

The Nelsons said...

I hate laundry too. Why does it never stop? I always feel triumphant when the basket it empty, but two minutes later there it is again.

The Nelsons said...

Amber, I had to tell you I saw your little family on Sunday. They are so cute and all waved to us like they knew who we were. And you are so right. Annabelle is so beautiful. She is going to break some hearts.

CK said...

Wow, it must feel so gratifying to hear your 1st grader reading so well. What a wonderful accomplishment for parent and child. How cool! Have a great anniversary- your kids are darling and I can see Haylee's smile in your daughter's!