Grant me patience
to deal with my
BLESSINGS!

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

October 21...Little Miss...turned ONE!

"Life is tough enough without having someone kick you from the inside."

"Think of stretch marks as pregnancy service stripes."


"The most effective form of birth control I know is spending the day with my kids."

"A mother who navigates the waters of the terrible twos can weather any storm"


"Laughter is like changing a baby's diaper. It doesn't permanently solve any problems, but it makes things more acceptable for awhile."


"Never tell a child anything you wouldn't want the whole neighborhood to know."

"There are only two things a child will share willingly-communicable diseases and his mother's age."


"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing."


"A suburban mother's role is to deliver children obstetrically once, and by car forever after."


"Child rearing means taking a big bite out of your life."

"Surrendering to motherhood means surrendering to interruption."


"Darwin actually had mothers in mind when he came up with the "survival of the fittest" theory."

"Motherhood is not for the fainthearted. Used frogs, skinned knees, and insults of teenage girls are not meant for the wimpy."


"I don't know why they say 'you have a baby.' The baby has YOU."


"A mother is a person who, seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie."

Happy Birthday Miss Kya Lyn!!! You are becoming our sweet but fiery little girl...full of life, fun, tantrums and squeals, busy as can be getting into everything you shouldn't and telling us, "Nooo, no, NOOO!"

A few years ago, as I was sitting in the Celestial room of the Rexburg Temple, I knew there was a spirit waiting in Heaven to become a part of our family. And everything I went through to bring this little cutie pie to this earth was worth it...and I would do it all over again....except maybe not the whole being in labor with a posterior baby....that part I could do without....can I add GERD and Colic to that list too? Thanks.

You are the poem
I dreamed of writing
the masterpiece
I longed to paint.
You are the shining star
I reached for In my
ever hopeful quest
for life fulfilled..
You are my child.
Now with all things
I am blessed.


Upcoming posts...if I can manage to find the time:
Halloween
7 yr wedding anniversary
Quiet Book
Baptisms
Church Callings
Family Pictures

Things yet to happen like:
Thanksgiving
Paintings and projects
My baby sister's bridal shower
Christmas
Baby sister's wedding

Whew!! Good times, all!!! Good times...

No comments: