Grant me patience
to deal with my
BLESSINGS!

Friday, November 18, 2011

Aw.....crud!

I washed a BIG load of whites last night. It feels good to wash all the dirty clothes. It makes me feel so...oh, what's the word....starts with an "m".....shoot....ma....mmme.....dang....it's not coming!

So tonight, I start pulling out all those nice, clean, white, fluffed clothes. And I start seeing traces of red. A little red here, more over there....

What.Is.That.????

Then I find Anna's sock. The whole toe is covered in red and the sock is stiff!!!

What in the heck is that??????

I had to go through that huge, ginormous load of clothes, searching for the mysterious item that bled all over my nice white clothes. Nothing. Then Russ sniffed the stiff sock. When in doubt, or ever confused, just give it a whif! You want to know what it smelled like?

Crayon.

Do you ever have times where your kids did something, and you can't figure out what possessed them to do it?

Who just thinks, "Hmmm, I am going to take this RED crayon, and put it in this sock...just for fun!" Cuz...yeah....that's what happened.

So my next question is...
"How in the world do you get melted and dried RED crayon out of white clothing?"

.....cuz, uh....I got nothin....zip..............nada.



Thanks Crayola...making this mom's life....laundry.....bright and beautiful.
Sorry, but I won't be hanging up the red masterpieces on the fridge this time...

2 comments:

Bri Nelson said...

I laughed when I "red" your post! Ok so I did that once with a purple crayon...with the whites. so I took the whole load and got a huge bucket...huge (the kids toy bucket) and filled it with water and the clothes and put in tons of oxyclean. I then stirred it with a baseball bat and let it sit till the crayon dye started to go away. I would keep adding more oxyclean and stirring it. It took about two weeks, but most of the purple came out. The places where the wax was actually thick on the clothes, I think I scrapped it off with my finger nail or I ironed it with a paper towel to absorb the wax. Most of the dye came out but not all. At the end of two weeks I was done trying and just let it be. But it was pretty succesful. Good luck!!!

Melonie Harris said...

Crummy!! Good luck! Taya did the same thing with chap-stick in a pocket and of course I didn't check it but then we had grease stains all over our darks! Ahhh Crud it right!