Grant me patience
to deal with my
BLESSINGS!

Saturday, March 10, 2012

17 weeks and an early ultrasound...


Here is the profile. So cute! The baby was very wiggly and moved around alot! There were three times where I watched the baby kick and felt the kick right where the ultrasound "thingy" was pressing on my tummy!

Anyone know the name of the "thingy" they put on your stomach?? Haha.


This one is of the side and back of the head, arm, and you can see the cord wrapped around the back of the neck and going inbetween the arm towards the front of the face. The 3-D pictures were a little smudgy because the cord was right in front of the baby's nose and mouth!

The baby is very active and I have been feeling it move consistently, especially at night, for about 3 weeks now. Every week the kicks just get a little bit stronger and I feel a greater amount of them. It's a pretty amazing thing, at least to me, and I am amazed during each pregnancy at the miracle of life!


Thee baby's hands were always up by the face, which was so cute! It is amazing how perfectly formed everything is when the baby is still so tiny! I think at 17 weeks the baby is around 4 inches, the size of an avacado from rump to head.


Cute little feet that were crossed at the ankles!


Arm and ear. I think it is so cool how we could see all the bones, and I just love watching the heart beat. So crazy to comprehend that life is living right there below my belly button! Fourth baby, and it just still amazes me everytime! This being our last baby, I am just trying to savor everything and not take anything for granted. I will truly miss being pregnant!!



This one is my favorite! The baby just looks so cute and perfect! We are just so grateful to be able to do this one last time!


And here is the shot everyone is waiting for. Boy or girl? What do you think? And yes, we definitely have a name picked out...it was picked out before Kya was born!

As for me, I feel great, have much more energy and haven't suffered from any weird side effects. I had to give some more blood so they could re-check my thyroid levels, since the first test results were low, and we are just waiting for those results to come back. Weight gain is great, baby is measuring right on, and we are just thankful for a quiet pregnancy so far. The kids are really excited, Carter seems especially impatient, asking me often when will it be time to go to the hospital so the doctor can take the baby out?? He now knows that after his birthday on July 24th, it will be time, and he reminds us often! When I showed Carter the ultrasound pictures, he says in the cutest tone, "Ooooooh, the baby is SOOOO cute!" He is going to be a very loving big brother, just he was with Kya! And Anna was a little put-out after finding out the sex of the baby, she exclaimed to me very much annoyed, "It doesn't even look like a baby, just a big BLOB!!!" Hahaha! So dramatic! She was very grumpy and not feeling well, so we will give her some sympathy for her lack of it that afternoon!

3 comments:

Erica Bazil said...

Congratulations!!! Two of each - perfect right!? I feel the same way - not knowing for sure but thinking that Rosie Posie might very well be our last (with all the trouble we seem to have) I am just trying to cherish every little thing. I think I've pulled out the recorder too many times all ready, trying to capture so we don't forget, all her cute sounds, grunts, etc. It does make you sad to think about huh!? I think it's a hard decision to say "I'm done" knowing you'll never have a little curled up newborn of your own in your arms again - ah!
I'm SO excited for you! Glad things seem to be going well!

julie said...

That's a boy if I've ever seen one...and I have actually. ;) Congrats! Your little family is just super cute!

Heather said...

Hooray for another boy! That'll be fun to have 2 of each! I'm glad your pregnancy is going well and the baby looks good!