Grant me patience
to deal with my
BLESSINGS!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My new favorites when it comes to cereal

I LOVE cereal. When I was in high school, it would drive my grandma crazy when I would come home from cross country or track practice and choose cereal for dinner!

Once I got married and had our first baby, I was more than happy to have a heaping bowl of cereal for dinnner instead of having to cook something! Russ didn't share the same sentiments!

My kids take after me. Many many nights, I served them a bowl of cereal for dinner, even lunch, and they accepted it gladly. And I always do a little happy dance because that means no dirty pots and pans!

Over the past few years, especially since my grandad had a heart attack, I have tried to be more conscious about what foods I eat and how those foods will affect my life in the future. I love my grandad beyond words. None of us wanted to lose him. Many family members realized that life is so precious, and short, especially after we visited grandad in the hospital, and I know other members including myself, made a goal to take better care of our bodies, so we can be around as long as possible.

My grandad is doing well. He did give us a scare last summer when he got a pulminary embolism. He is so quiet and content that I guess every once in awhile, he likes to give everyone mini heart attacks!

So...

Let's talk cereal. I have found some yummy favorites that I wanted to share. You really should give them a chance!

GOLEAN Cereal, Crisp! Toasted Berry Crumble thumbnail
Kashi GoLean Crisp! Toasted Berry Crumble

Heart To Heart Cereal, Oat Flakes & Blueberry Clusters thumbnail
Kashi Oat Flakes and Blueberry Clusters

GOLEAN Cereal, Crisp! Cinnamon Crumble thumbnail
Kashi GoLean Crisp! Cinnamon Crumble

If you want to learn more about Kashi, click the link below.
Official Website for Kashi

Quaker Natural Granola - Apple, Cranberry, Almond
Quaker Natural Granola-Apple Cranberry Almond

Quaker Whole Hearts - Original
Quaker Whole Hearts

Official Website for Quaker Oats

I love the fact that all of these cereals are made with whole grains, are a great source of fiber and protein, are low in sodium, and they taste great! The Quaker Whole Hearts are a great dry snack for toddlers or even adults, and the Natural Granola can be mixed with yogurt for a healthy snack. I just love the fact that there are so many choices out there, and there is always something in our diet we can replace with something just a tasty but contains a better variety of nutrients our bodies need and crave. We need to take better care of our bodies so we can all be around for a long time and be able to enjoy life at the same time.

What are some health foods that you have discovered and love? I want to know so I can try them too!

Next Health Food Post: I have never tried Hummus or Quinoa. Once I try them, I will post a review about what my family and I thought about it!

No comments: