Grant me patience
to deal with my
BLESSINGS!

Friday, June 5, 2009

A 2-yr old + cinnamon floss= well...read and find out!


A few days ago, Carter got himself into some "trouble" with his favorite cinnamon floss. But before I expound anymore, I think you need some background information first.
*Warning*
If you are the type that is easily grossed out...then this post might not be the one for you.
For years and years, the female...hmm, and, more accurately, males too....have found a fascination with the thong. I have had numerous awful experiences in a classroom setting where I was exposed to the terrible sight of a person's thong sticking out of their way-too-small jeans. Even worse than seeing a persons unsightly bum crack is seeing a piece of fabric stuck in-between it. Wives face this dilemma everyday, when we send our husbands off to college class, hoping beyond all hope that the female classmates will be covering up what most of our husbands DO NOT want to see! Russ has had moments of major and utter horror at what he has seen of the female thong. (Thank goodness for BYU-Idaho and the dress code...where the sightings are not near as often...we hope!)
Now...this small piece of information I am giving you now is VERY important to the story involving Carter. Our family (and most of the Merediths) so kindly call the thong "Butt Floss".
Remember this.
Back to Carter...he loves to get into the floss. The faint cinnamon flavor must be irresistible to his little taste buds. A few days ago, I spotted Carter walking down the hall with his floss in hand. I thought there would be no harm in letting him "practice" flossing. A few minutes later, coming from Anna and Carter's room, I heard Carter coughing and gagging, as Anna is yelling, "Bubba, don't puke! Mommy, Bubby donna puke! Stop Bubby, stop!!" Then he stopped. He was fine, and I told Anna he probably put the floss in his mouth and it made him gag until he got it out. Maybe he would learn his lesson about putting things in his mouth!
One little detail I failed to notice: where was the floss???
Yesterday, my sister and her husband and kids stopped by for a visit on their way back to Twin Falls. Carter entered the room, and it was immediately filled with an awful stench...toddler poop! As I pulled the stinky diaper off, I noticed a piece of "string" in the diaper.... then all of a sudden it hit me....that was no string but cinnamon floss!!! I grabbed it with a wipe and then to my surprise I saw that only half of the floss was out and the remainder was still stuck inside his little rectum. I pulled the rest out as all of us in the room laughed (with a bit of feeling grossed out too) at poor Carter!
Gives a whole new meaning to the word "Butt floss" eh???

6 comments:

Melonie Harris said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhh man that is hilarious!! Poor kid!! I bet that was a little uncomfortable!!

The Meredith's said...

That's gross!!! I think you're in for some very interesting experiences with that kid!

Suzie-Q said...

Wow! that is the greatest story for you to remember for him. I hope that it didn't burn his bottom.
Poor little guy!

Erica Bazil said...

Now that is a story he will hate when he's older. Of course it will be one his older sister will tell on him more than once I'm sure (since she's old enough probably to remember). How funny - and gross. Ha Ha.

Rebecca said...

that is way too funny. You will never look at floss again the same way. (happy flossing!)

The Nelsons said...

Every girl should read that before she puts on "butt floss"! I totally agree that it's nasty to see something stuck in someones' crack. That's gross and hilarious! Poor kid. You'll have to go for mint next time; I don't think it burns as much!