Grant me patience
to deal with my
BLESSINGS!

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Where have I been???


And no, the answer is not "Going crazy!" Though some days I do claim to be doing just that!

Let me tell you:

1. The end of May, Ben was baptized...an amazing event in and of itself...but this story will have to wait until a later post....so much to say, and I need to say it in just the right way...

After his baptism, we spent Memorial weekend in Pocatello seeing family, went rock climbing, had a family Bar-B-Que, and had ice cream cones at the best place ever, Tasty Treat, (which is a family tradition...we go there after we visit the grave of Russ's oldest sister who passed away when she was two years old)

2. Things we do in a week: We signed Anna, Carter, and Ben up for the library summer reading program...and they have activities every week on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday,

Free lunches at the park, which we try to attend everyday as the weather permits (it has been raining almost everyday here for almost a month now!),

I go running every morning at 6:30 am with my friend Joni on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and I go walking with my friend Hannah, as often as we can plan, each morning at 11:00 am....then we go to the park for the free lunches.

I try to walk with Carter and Anna to her preschool every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday afternoon as well.

And let me remind all of you that through all of this running and walking business...you are either going uphill or downhill....whew!!! is all I got to say about that!!!

3. Am I only on number three??? We ran in the "Family Fun Run" on Saturday for the Teton Dam Marathon. Ben and I ran, and Anna and Carter rode along in the stroller. It was only a mile run, but it killed me pushing around 75-80 pounds of kids and stroller and stuff in the stroller!!! We got a medal afterwards, which Ben cherishes to this day.

*because of the fun we had....I am now more determined than ever to run in the 5k or 10k in the Pocatello Marathon!

4. We have finally visited the BYU-Idaho's campus gardens....they are amazingly beautiful! I had to yell (in a gentle but stern way only moms can do) at a little naughty boy for throwing stuff into one of the ponds....surprisingly, he was not my little naughty boy!!!

5. I am currently dealing with Anna, my now talkative and sassy almost 4-year-old daughter! And Carter is now talking up a storm...and throwing fits that make their own little storm!

A few cute/funny things Carter is saying now: "Dane-it" (Dang it!), "Danks" or "Dane-koo" (Thanks and Thank You), "Yessss!", if we say his name, he hollers, "What?", he has learned from his sister to say "Don't" and "Stop it!", and when he races and runs he says, "Mark..set....GO!" and then "Hurry, quick! Fast!" He has three bruises on his forehead right now from falling outside on the pavement! First thing in the morning he asks for "Tanny" (Candy) or "Dummies" (Gummis) or "Tookies" (Cookies) or "Dak-o-lut" (chocolate)!! Every morning I give him the SAME answer, "No", and he still throws himself on the kitchen floor in a fit!

6. Sunday...after a very rainy/stormy week of being mostly cooped up inside, I let Carter and Anna play outside with their cousins. They had a huge puddle on the side of their driveway....Carter splashed in it until his hearts content...and was soaked from almost head to toe! And I didn't mind one bit....okay, I lied....I minded....but just a little!

7. Russ and I take turns going to the temple Saturday mornings...though I am taking more of the Saturdays than Russ is! Actually, I have gone to all of them because of Russ's schedule and such! I am so grateful for my husband who has stayed home with the kids, even though there were times he could have gone, and let me go instead, because he knew how much I needed to be there. More than ever in my life, I have been "craving" the need to go to the temple...I feel like my thirst is never quenched, and I can never get there enough! I have felt and seen great blessings come to our lives because we have tried harder than ever to go to the temple regularly.

*I always drive by the temple as much as I can...just so I can see it. It is so beautiful, and every time I drive by, I feel peace and assurance that the Lord surely loves His children. I feel so BLESSED to live only minutes away from the House of the Lord.

We are staying quite busy this summer and I realize that there is still so much to do still!!! Though I feel like this was just a small portion of what we have been doing and seeing and living and experiencing....that just means for all of you out there that there is so much more to come!Stay tuned for lots of pictures!

4 comments:

Suzie-Q said...

Busy busy girl!!! You need a breathing day!
Congrats Ben for making the choice to be baptized!!

Melonie Harris said...

Wahooo!!!! Running now huh??? That is great!!!! Good luck with the races to come!!

Rachel M. said...

You are just incredible!! I love the updates. You have one very busy life! PS. Don't you just LOVE the Rexburg temple?!!!!!

julie said...

So glad you mentioned running in the mornings! Last night I said I would, but I don't know that I would have come through and then I thought Amber is going! I have to! haha, it worked! You should do the triathlon with me! It's in Poky. And isn't free lunch in the park just a Godsend?!