Grant me patience
to deal with my
BLESSINGS!

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Twice-Baked.....Popcorn????

I LOVE caramel popcorn...


BUT...

When it gets baked twice...and in the oven...


Well, I am not sure it tastes so great anymore...
*SOB*....mostly for the best Tupperware bowl we will ever have...and for the huge waste of the yummy goodness that Tupperware bowl could hold...we will miss you my plastic and non-oven friendly friend.
**I am now FOREVER banned from putting ANYTHING in the oven...
***And Russ is FOREVER banned from EVER turning on the oven again...
****Come on, everyone knows you ALWAYS check the oven FIRST, before you turn the oven up to 425 degrees...right??? Especially when your wife is just a little OCD about messes on the counter, but too tired at night to clean up the big ones, and so "smartly" resorts to hiding certain messes (so she doesn't have to look at them anymore) in the oven!!!
***This has happened more than once...
**Will I ever learn my lesson???
*Hmmmm...what do you think?



8 comments:

Suzie-Q said...

That is really funny that "hid" things in the oven so you don't have to look at the mess.
sorry about your bowl, I'm sure it will truly be missed.

Rachel M. said...

Oh boy. That is too funny!

Erica Bazil said...

How hilarious! That's a good one too - I haven't thought of putting my messes in the oven to avoid eye contact with them. I'm a little OCD as well. So you're not alone.

Cami Jo said...

That's hillarious. I have honestly never really thought about hiding messes in my oven. At first I thought...what a great idea! But I see now how it can totally back fire! Too funny.

The Nelsons said...

Looks tasty. Anton leaves stuff in the oven all the time and then I turn it on and a funky aroma floods our kitchen. Don't you hate that. There should be a warning beep.

Ryan and Andrea said...

That is hilarious! That happened to us when a bunch of family was in town. We stored bread & croissants in the oven & someone turned it on & we had plastic smell in the oven for weeks!!

Jeigh said...

See, I would have gotten rid of the mess a different way, say maybe by EATING all the popcorn. See? Then you don't have to look at it! I have never thought about putting things in the oven for storage, but I definately won't be trying it!

Anonymous said...

That is too funny!!!!I also love caramel popcorn!!!it tastes so great ..

--
Reenee
Professional Monitering security systems for Homes, Offices & Appartments