Grant me patience
to deal with my
BLESSINGS!

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Hmm, I guess there are some things wind is good for...










"Let's go fly a kite,


Up to the highest heights,


Let's go fly a kite and send it soaring.


Up through the atmosphere,


Up where the air is clear,


Oh let's go...fly a kite."


* Anyone ever heard that song before?


Honestly...here in Rexburg...I don't know how we came upon such a WINDY day to watch a kite do such tricks...amazing! If you ever lived here, well, you'll know what I mean!!!


*Besides my watching my adorable daughter smile...and listening to her contagious laughs...as she ran up and down the grass a hundred times flying her kite through the ever-present wind...I'd say that the wind is not good for much else...

*Hmm, and now I am wondering why Rexburg hasn't invested in "wind-power" yet??? There is MUCH for a stay-at-home mom to ponder about, you know?

Like why two year olds don't stay in their beds at nap time anymore, How in the world I can vacuum up so much "dirt" in one week...and Where in the world does it all come from??? Why is it that stress makes me crave sweet and unhealthy junk food, how do you keep the armpits of white shirts white, does your belly ever get flat again after child number 2...and is there even any hope at all after #3, 4, and so on???

Why does Jamba Juice have to be so expensive, why do I despise cooking dinner in the summer-time, and why do men get so cranky when they haven't had MEAT to eat for a month??? (ha, ha) And is it really THAT mean to convince your little brother that a girl named "Gloria" lives in the shed at the back of the parking lot and to be very wary??? Why is it that 9-yr olds are so gullible? And why do we, as adults, use it to our advantage??? And then laugh hysterically when they finally realize that the shed holds nothing but tools and machines inside? Is there really such think as a "mean streak"? Why do kids always want a pet, and why do dads always say "No!"?? And then how does the child end up getting a pet anyways?

Will you ever be able to let your child make her own bed...and then NOT have to go back later and fix it...because you're so OCD that the blankets just have to be straight and smooth??? Why do people become so obsessed with certain things anyway? Like randomly scrubbing all the walls from the waist down, or re-organizing every cupboard in the house? Do you think that Rexburg has the highest ratio of pregnant women per capita in Idaho? Is there really something in the water...cuz that just sounds like an excuse to me! How in the heck do you potty-train a boy? And why does it seem like it only happens in the books where your child can be potty-trained in a day?

And WHY is it that a majority of you moms who read this post have wondered some of the SAME things???

Got any answers???

3 comments:

Suzie-Q said...

That is a lot of good questions.
I wish I could help and be amazing and answer them all for you. Mostly we just have to learn to live through it and find the answer that way, darn it, I really do wish life came with an instruction book sometimes it really would make things so much easier.
I really just have to live one day at a time and see how it goes from there, especially this summer, I am just to hot,tired, and pregnant to worry about anything else.

Good luck with finding answers though.

Cami Jo said...

Hey- I don't remember if I emailed you or not yet. Sorry if I already did. We would LOVE to see you guys this weekend, but our families are both in town for Madison's baby blessing, so we'll be busy on Saturday. BUT....if you are around on Sunday, you are more than welcome to come to the baby blessing, and over to the apartments afterwards for some dinner. Let me know!

Anonymous said...

I really do wish life came with an instruction book sometimes it really would make things so much easier......

Good luck with finding answers..

--
Reenee
Professional Monitering security systems for Homes, Offices & Appartments