Grant me patience
to deal with my
BLESSINGS!

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Oh...quite alot of days ago...


This little man turned THREE years old!
Woot woot!
Instead of the usual cute and perfect birthday pictures you should post, I opted out and decided to go with the whole candid thing this year....no posing or perfect hair or clothes set with the right lighting near brightly bouncing birthday balloons....just keeping it real, folks, keeping it real.

Also, might I add that this little lady turned FIVE!

It is known as common courtesy in the Meredith household to completely block out all family members as they sing to you most wholeheartedly the "Happy Birthday" song.
Thank goodness for Anna, or we would've never known the rules.
Oh...and you have to change out of your cute birthday outfit and put on pajamas instead.
Yeah, my kids like to keep it real too.
So many, many rules....


As part of our birthday celebrating, we took a trip to Temple Square.
It was very, very hot.
But we very much enjoyed it.


Especially touching almost every single body of water held within the confines of the Temple Square walls.


Then we went to Hogle Zoo the next day.
We got to smell lots of poop, and lots of stinky animal cages, and Russ was VERY disappointed to not get to see any monkeys flinging poop.
Here, the birthday kids are showing us the sibling love that runs rampant in our home!
*wink, wink*


With so much love....gotta spread some around...
I think I can recall, on several occasions, that Russ seemed to look almost exactly like this before I kissed him! Hmmm.....


We had lots of fun, rode the carousel, which was AWESOME, bought souveniers, in which Anna lost hers the day we got home, ooohed and awed at all the right moments, and curiosity couldn't keep us from exploring the depths of the rhino nostrils.
Sadly, nothing was found.

Anyhoo...now that my kids are so much older and wiser too, they get to teach me over this next year how much I have yet to learn. Yes, more rules. I guess I just haven't gotten the whole parenting thing down...you know, according to the wise and noble three and five year olds!

Lots more to post...
hope you all are very patient and don't mind waiting...


4 comments:

Suzie-Q said...

Looks like it was a blast. I would love to take that kind of trip with my kidos sometime.

Erica Bazil said...

OH BOY did I have a good laugh or two at your post. You are so full of comedy without even trying (keeping it real of course:))! Sounds like you've had lots of good times. Can't wait to hear more.

Alli said...

Amber I tell all my friends about your blog. I love that you tell the good bad and ugly.. It truly is a real blog with a real family... Despite all the ups and downs you still come off as a happy go lucky person withe tons of love in your heart. Thank you so much for sharing :)

Rachel M. said...

LOVE the "raw" shots in life...so classic! Love reading your blog!!