Grant me patience
to deal with my
BLESSINGS!

Friday, January 13, 2012

Oreos and peanut butter...

Hold on....gotta take a bite....

hmmmmm....dat is soooo dewicious....


Sometimes in life, you have to be rebellious. I am totally rebelling tonight...as I take another swig of my Sprite and prepare to eat another bite of saturated fat!

Hey! And "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives" is playing on the Food Network. There's nothing better than THAT to get your rebellious streak in gear!

Sorry to all of you "Resolutioners" who are on strict diets...I am not writing any of this to spite you, I am just going with the writers flow....and participating in what experts call "emotional eating"....it's supposed to make me feel better, right? Especially after spending the majority of the past month and a half sick, or taking care of sick kids, barely getting out of the house, and having hardly enough energy to do the basics like feeding the kids, wiping endlessly runny noses, dosing out Benydryl and Motrin, and keeping the toys cleaned up and laundry from staying in the dryer for days on end, fluffing and re-fluffing with good intentions of getting it folded, only to re-fluffify the next day...or two...

Tonight I deserve saturated fat. And that absolutely delicious looking pizza on t.v.!!!

          *pregnant women should be banned from watching the Food Network!

-94% of Americans eat pizza...good to know....good to know...


Another thing I am rebelling in: The Christmas Post. Who really wants to look at a bunch of photos of us in pajamas buried in boxes and wrapping paper? We had a GREAT Christmas. The giving and receiving was much fun. But honestly, the quiet moments are what I loved best, like standing by Kya's crib at bedtime, watching her drink her bottle and rub the corner of her blankie on her cheek, and loving her all the more as she finishes her bottle, hands it to me and replies in her cute little voice, "Tank Koo". That's "Thank You" if you don't understand toddler jabber. I love those moments because I know that the CrAzInEsS from the holidays is over, life can settle back down, and I can sleep knowing that kitchen clean-up that lasts for weeks is coming to an end.

Ever heard of this: "Oklahoma Dog"? Big ol beef frank, wrapped in bacon, dipped in beer batter, deep fried, then served on a grilled sourdough bun and topped with mustard and onions. Would you eat it??? Being pregnant....I definitely would!

Here's a cute pic of the kids Christmas morning that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!!


Seriously....it doesn't get any better than that!

We also had a blast playing Twister after Christmas was over. Carter picked it out for Anna....best.gift.ever. Here are some choice pictures for you to enjoy:







Pictures speak for themselves, right? Anna was practically doing the splits most of the time! Did you know that you can get a REALLY good workout playing Twister? Very true. I did get sweaty, and was sore the next day. SO FUN! I had such a good time getting my niece, Olivia, on the mat, and then coming up with my own moves for her. Hilarious!

Good times, oh good times.

TMI time:
Time to explain the fact that I am, yes....pregnant!!! Not much to explain, we obviously know HOW it happened. It defintely was NOT planned. Yup....our first "oops" moment. It happens to everyone, right? Yes, we were using birth control, but our method was the "family planning" method. Track your period, chart your day of ovulation, and know that the "fertile" period is so many days before ovulation day, and so many days after ovulation day. Easy enough.

BUT...

I failed to take into account the changes in my cycle. I had been running weekly. I lost weight quickly and went from 130 lbs to 113lbs in probably a month. Because I am only barely over 5ft tall, that's a lot of weight loss. My cycle went all wacky on me.  My cycle is normally every 28 days on the dot, very predictable. I would just chart my cycle on my calendar in advance because it was so predictable. Things got all wacky and off kilter, but I didn't even think to make the changes on the calander. Thus....surprise!!!....missed period and positive pregnancy test!

Do you know what they call people who use the "Family Planning" method?

-Parents. Ha. ha. ha.

I am watching Guy eat deep fried clams. Seriously??? I need some!!! And Lobster Stew! Too bad it's served in Maine! I am sorry, but Pocatello is seriously lacking in the quality of Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives.

Here's a few more cute pics and then I will wrap this post up.






2011 quote of the year:

Carter is opening a present. He gets all the wrapping paper off and the present is inside a box.

I say, "Wow! You got a box!!!"

Carter,"A box? It's just what I wanted!!!"

Hahahahaha! I sure love my kids. I've had some long days, and many moments where I was counting down the hours until bedtime. But the amount of love is always there...just sometimes hard to reach. I guess it's my job to find a better stool.

PS: I am almost 10 weeks prego and haven't gained a pound...yeah....totally not like me....not sure what went right this time....so I am so totally not feeling guilty at all about those Oreos!

...and pass the homemade ravioli....please....!!!

4 comments:

Emma said...

Amber, I'm glad that you enjoyed the Oreos and peanut butter as much as I did when I was pregnant. Deyson thought I was crazy but I'm happy I'm not the only one... I hope that you guys start feeling better soon, maybe me and jaxton can come up one of these weekends and visit :) love and miss you guys!

Erica Bazil said...

Congratulations! Weren't you just saying in one of your comments to my blog recently that all these pregnancies have almost made you want to be pregnant too? Well, those are dangerous words aren't they? :) We're very happy for you! So when are you due? Are you feeling well?

And yes, I agree, you are most deserving of oreos and peanut butter!

Unknown said...

Oh, this post made me happy! And hungry. =) You're family is so sweet. I wish we were closer so we could be friends (not that we aren't now, but...you know, hang out). And, I'd totally watch Food Network with you! Good luck with your pregnancy! How fun that we get to be pregnant buddies. =)

John and Anna said...

Ah, Amber I love this post. Congratulations to your growing family. :) And I say live up all the cravings. Your only pregnant once, no twice, no four times and more. :) But all that stress on the body deserves a treat. :)