Grant me patience
to deal with my
BLESSINGS!

Monday, September 29, 2008

Bubba Bath-Time Bubbles?

This morning I had Carter and Anna in the bath. It started out like any normal bath-time routine. They play with the toys, drink the water no matter how many times I tell them not to. Half the time, Carter chokes himself trying to suck up the water through his mouth and nose when he puts his whole face down in it! I wash them up and scrub them till they sparkle! I really love bath-time! Sometimes, we will be in the bathroom for an hour! Anna and Carter just play and play and I enjoy not having to chase after them and clean up after them! Carter usually splashes water all over the whole bathroom...but how much is a little water going to hurt anything?

I got Anna out and was drying her off when I noticed a funny yet familiar look on Carter's face. His face started to turn a little red as a big grunt escaped his little mouth. Instantly I hoped it would just be bubbles that came out of that cute little scrubbed and sparkly bum! I take a peek as I see a ginormous poopie, still attached, floating behind Carter! I yell out, "Oh my heck, Carter's pooping in the bath!" This gets Anna's attention and she peeks around to the other side to see as I am frantically trying to gather all the toys and wash rags before contamination begins! As I am working frantically, Anna can't help herself from chastising "Bubby"!

"Bubby, No, NO! You not posed to poop in da bass! Oh Yuck! Mom-mom, Bubby poop in da bass! Bubby, oh, dat tinky! When daddy tum home, I tell him, Daddy! Bubby poop in da bass! Bubby too yittle poop in potty, Bubby hat to poop in hims diaper, NOT in da bass, mommy!"

Her jabbering went non-stop through the whole charade...I could only relate half of what she actually said! Poor Carter, just trying to do his duty, sat there squatting in the water, pushing and grunting, while I scooped up poopie number one with a cup and dumped it in the toilet, and turned around to find more that began to float everywhere! Panic started to set in as I am wondering what in the world to do with him! Should I just stick him soaking wet on the toilet? What if that doesn't go over well cuz he's wondering what in tarnation I am doing to him! Then I might have a huge disaster on hand with a pooping, wiggling, crying mad toddler! So, I just let him finish in the bath, scooping and dumping the floaters as they came, then wiped his bum with a wet wipe, and then picked him up and washed him off again!! Whew!

Needless to say, the bathtub got the detox treatment afterwards and when Russ got home, he had to open the windows because the whole house smelled of bleach cleaner! That's one way to clean the tub! So...I'm thinking...potty training anyone?

2 comments:

Suzie-Q said...

what a great story! I can't believe that Anna is talking so much, I remember having her in nursery and she hardly said anything to us. My oh my how kids change and grow up so fast.(I guess it has been over a year that we last saw you guys.)

The Meredith's said...

Amber, all I can say is...Welcome to my life!!! Emily has pooped in the tub more times than I can count! It's so gross!