Grant me patience
to deal with my
BLESSINGS!

Friday, September 12, 2008

Blurbs....

I almost feel as if I have lost a part of myself being away from this blog world for a few weeks! Pathetic!!!!!!

Here is what we have been up to for the last little bit of time...

Russ finished his last two weeks of work in Pocatello...hurray...no more bus driving for him and now I can enjoy not being a "single" mom during the week! We went to Pocatello and stayed at grandma and grandpa Meredith's home for Russ's last two weeks...we planned on going camping, but then I chickened out, worrying it would get too cold at night...maybe next summer, eh? We helped Russ's parents paint their house while we were there and I got the thrill of tromping around on the roof and leaning over the ledge to paint all the trim! Russ couldn't handle the stress of watching me up there, so he got to be "mommy" and entertain the kids instead! I thought it was a pretty fair trade...though some beg to differ!

We finally got around to going to the fair before we came home...I LOVE going to the fair...Russ DESPISES going to the fair.....so, when that special season arrives...let's just say there's some tension! Russ is always a good sport...sort-of...and I drag him around....and usually by the end he has enjoyed himself somewhat!

Anna and Carter really loved the animals, especially the free petting zoo, where Anna took to a baby goat, so we got her a little cup of feed, and she had fun trying to feed the baby goat, which I think had sooo much feed in its belly, all it could do was try and humor her by sniffing and licking a bit! Carter just wanted to be everywhere all at once and if we deterred him at all it was all we could do to stop a tantrum!

We finally left the fair with two grumpy and tired kids who cried, fussed, and whined all the way to the car! I had to admit that it wasn't as fun as I expected it to be, and Russ had to admit that he hasn't had as much fun EVER at the fair! *sigh* Go figure!!

After returning home and feeling like we were gone a month...(I think poor Carter forgot we had a home separate from grandma and grandpa's!) Russ started school at BYU-I and can I just tell you all the difference it has made in comparison to ISU? We LOVE it! This decision to come here has just felt so right, and we have felt even stronger about our decision once Russ began his classes....it feels good to know that we are on the right track! What a blessing it is to have the Holy Ghost to gently guide us.

We didn't get much of a break once we got settled in to our new ward. Russ has been called as the cub wolf leader...he just cannot get away from those scouts! I got called to be the primary secretary...I just cannot get away from the primary!!!! I love being there each Sunday...but whoa...being the secretary is crazy busy!!! In every calling I have had, I gain more appreciation for what so many others have done! Anna loves nursery...she actually goes quite willingly and sometimes does not want to leave! When we left our old ward in Pocatello, we had a hard time getting her to want to go to nursery! Once you think you have your child figured out, they have to turn around and prove you wrong! Carter is a monster during sacrament meeting...he cannot sit still for a second, but when we separate for classes and Russ leaves with the baby bag on one shoulder and Carter on his hip, that kid is an angel for the next two hours! Amazing! I don't know how it works!

We are loving the fall season and I have gotten all of my favorite fall decorations out....oh how I love autumn!!! I love the smells and all the foods and baking you get to do...leaves changing colors, crispy-smelling air, cold mornings where you have to put your robe on, pumpkins and Halloween, cinnamon, apple cider, caramels, pumpkin pie, scarecrows, our wedding anniversary....what a happy season! If only it could last a little longer!

We are well and even mostly happy, which is more than we could ever ask for! Everyday I am grateful for the overwhelming amount of love I feel for Anna and Carter and find that almost four years of marriage to Russ has refined us in ways we never imagined! We've learned hard lessons at times, having to swallow our own pride, making hard evaluations of our own self. There are times when we are selfish and haughty...stubborn and uncompromising.....luckily the Lord has His ways of bringing us around to our better selves! I was just thinking the other day that if we were to remain in a tiny apartment the rest of our lives, never acquiring much more than what we have...I could truly remain happy and content. Life's greatest blessings come from the simple life lived....going for walks in the park, drawing with sidewalk chalk, baking with Anna, holding hands, making Carter laugh, eating home-made bread, playing pretend and telling stories, sitting around the dinner table with family....just a few of my favorite things.

Hope you enjoyed my blurbs....stay tuned for more blurbbing....and some new pictures too!

3 comments:

Cami Jo said...

I'm so glad we got to see you...even if it was for 30 seconds in a crazy Wal-mart isle! Next time we'll have to plan better, and make some time to do something fun.

I'm glad you guys like your new ward and school. It's so nice to know when you've made the right decision! (Not that we dont' miss you guys...but we're glad you are happy!)

Erica Bazil said...

I love your blog - and you're so right. I remember doing the exact same thing - thinking about our circumstances (in good ole Mckinley Manor) and deciding I could be happy if this were my life forever. I guess it's what you make it right? That time in our lives is one of the best - when you struggle and do with out to accomplish something great. It really can bring you closer as a couple and family when you have to be so humble. I love it!

SP said...

Amen, Amber, Amen. I couldn't agree more.