Grant me patience
to deal with my
BLESSINGS!

Friday, August 22, 2008

Damage Control????

Well, my fridge might get a little neglected, but (you might be surprised) I have become a "clean freak" (only to a moderate degree!) when it comes to my house! I like things to be in order and in place, I demolish dust, and am always tidy-ing up! (just ask Russ...I have so many cleaning "kwirks"...it drives him crazy!) With two busy kids playing all day, I feel like my little apartment needs some damage control some days!
In minutes, Anna can pull out every toy from her room and scatter them around our living room! Her favorite thing to do is get all of her stuffed animals and baby blankets and make-shift beds and put her dogs and cats down for naps.
Then, Anna makes her own bed, and has a nap too! Here she found a basket of mine that she adopted as her own! Then, after nap time, she gets out all of her play food and dishes and covers the kitchen table..and floor.. with them....I even find play food in the fridge....and she makes dinner for us and her animals!
Here she has her dogs enjoying some yummy goldfish crackers! I love to watch Anna explore the world of "make-believe" and watch her imagination grow and develop! So...as much as I like my house to be in order, it is mostly filled with my children's play-things....what house could ever be a home without the touch of childhood....without the traces that little ones live there...?
Often times, if I ask Anna to do something while she is in her "play-mode" she will tell me with a gigantic sigh..."Mom, I busy...I tryin to make dinder!" Sigh...how many times has that come out of MY mouth! As a mom, I realize so much more everyday, of how much my daughter watches me and wants to emulate what I do! Actions speak louder than words!

3 comments:

The Nelsons said...

I can't ever picture your house a mess. I only saw it a few times, but it was always emalculate. I don't know how you do it. Looks like you are having fun.

Cami Jo said...

I'm the same way. With WANTING it to always be clean, anyway. If my house is dusted, vacuumed, clear of clutter, and mopped, I can usually handle a few toys around. I still feel it looks decent. What are we suppose to do with kids anyway? That's what they do!

It would be great to see you guys sometime. I am actually running my race Saturday morning, so camping might be out of the picture, but we really want to get to the fair sometime! We're not sure when it will work, with James' school schedule, but let us know what you guys are up to. If you decide not to go camping, we are going to have some friends over for dinner on Friday to pump us up for the race, and you guys are more than welcome to join us if you are around. Just call! (Hey- you could run in the race too, if you want!)

Erica Bazil said...

You sound like me. I like a clean house but I think I care too much about the way my house looks sometimes - I need to loosen up. Cash is just starting to "explore that world of make believe" as you put it. He pretends to eat things and says yum! It's a lot of fun!

Your apartment looks nice. Do you like where you guys are? We hope so.