Grant me patience
to deal with my
BLESSINGS!

Saturday, September 12, 2009

I am...

An Investigator....

I came upon five brightly colored Dum Dums arranged neatly upon the bathroom sink...

Hmmm, I wonder, who could be up to such atrocities. Such yummy sweetness should never be wasted!

Suspect #1: Anna. Her breath smells fruity, but not Dum Dum fruity, but a lovely Starburst kind. (Do you see the yellow fruity goodness in the side of her mouth?) She has an alibi too...she's been in my room the whole time, sneaking Starbursts from the dresser drawer where Russ and I have them "hidden". Then, from out of her mouth, she says, as she ALWAYS says, "It was Bubba, mom, not me!" I must go and investigate further...the little pink polka-dot lady has been known to tell lies...
Suspect #2: Bubba. On the carpet surrounding his feet I find Dum Dum wrappers...and in his hand he is holding a Pina Colada Dum Dum. It smells wonderful. He offers me a taste. "Mom...gucker....mom.....good" He then attempts to bite the sucker and gets frustrated easily telling me, "MOM! Gucker.....tuck....bite it!" He would like to bite it off the stick, but alas, it is stuck! So, I watch him place it neatly by the other five Dum Dums and head over to the cookie jar to get a new one! Perhaps the next one won't be stuck to the stick like the last SIX!
Dum Dum....Yum yum... covered in bite marks....

Six lovely suckers going to waste on the bathroom sink....do you think I let him get another??? This picture is an EXACT replica of what happened when I told him, "No more suckers!"

OH!.....doesn't life "suck"???

2 comments:

Jeigh said...

I love this post! So funny, so well written. I can just hear Carter's little voice! And I love Anna's alibi. The pictures are so cute, too. Love it, love it, love it!

Suzie-Q said...

I am noticing that you have very active kids at your house!
How do kids have so much energy to do the things they do!! It is hard to keep up with them sometimes!