Grant me patience
to deal with my
BLESSINGS!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Cheesy chicken jalapeño dip. Easy, spicy, and sure to be a crowd pleaser!

So, we tried a new recipe last night and it was so SO yummy, I had to share! Try it this weekend and let me know how you liked it!!!

You will need:
1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
1 C sour cream
1 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese
1 can chopped green chilies
1-2 cans chicken, or same amount cooked shredded chicken breast
3 small jalapeños, roasted
Garlic, salt, and pepper to taste

1 pkg flour tortilla shells (small size for fajitas)
Shredded lettuce
Chopped tomato

1-2 bags Birdseye Steamfresh southwestern style rice

In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and sour cream with hand mixer. Stir in cheese, spices and chicken. In a small frying pan, add canola oil and jalapeños. Roast peppers until soft and skin is bubbly. (that's the only word that comes to mind, but you know what I mean, right?).

In a food processor, combine green chilies and jalapeños. Blend. Add to chicken mixture. (make sure to taste for spiciness. We roasted 6 small jalapeños, and the peppers combined with the green chilies was super spicy! I barely touched the tip of my finger in the mixture, and when I tasted it, my whole mouth was on fire! So we didn't add all of it to our chicken and cream cheese mixture!)

Pour chicken mixture into a square 9x9 baking dish, and I sprinkle a little cheddar cheese on top. Then bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes. (30 minutes was perfect for mine)

When done, you can eat the chicken dip with tortilla chips, or like we did last night, put it on soft tortilla shells, added lettuce and tomatoes, and the cooked rice.

It was YUMMYLICIOUS!!!!!!

Carter ate his all! Now that's saying something!

So.....try it.....SOON!!! You'll thank me, really....you will.


Ps: it is great for leftovers...and we are pretty picky about leftovers!

1 comment:

julie said...

I LOVE your quote at the top..patience for blessings..AMEN. I also love all your boy quotes from last blog.