Grant me patience
to deal with my
BLESSINGS!

Monday, August 29, 2011

Kindergarten babies, FIRST GRADE tots...

...second grade angels, third grade snots. Fourth grade peaches, fifth grade pears, and all the rest are BIG FAT BEARS!!!!

Anna Belle.....6 years old and as sassy as ever! Quite smart too, and independant. She will start first grade this week!!! Wow!

Here she is, 6 years ago, July 29, 2005


There is nothing in the world that brings me greater happiness, peace, joy, and inspiration than holding a newborn, fresh from Heaven. Every breath they take seems like a miracle, so perfect and wonderful, and I am always overcome with awe thinking that such a beautiful creation grew inside of me. I am always so thankful our sweet babies get to stay with us, too, healthy and thriving. Such a blessing.

I loved my baby girl from the moment we met, and she became attached to my hip (and heart)...a habit I carried on with each of my babies! Anna went everywhere with me! And I went everywhere with her! Sure, I didn't do everything right, but we learned so much beginning our journey as parents for the first time.

I feel like the past 6 years have passed by so quickly. I have so many wonderful memories already of my beautiful daughter, and I am so thankful to have her a part of my everyday. Here are some of my favorite moments with Anna:


A daughter is a mother's gender partner, her closest ally in the family confederacy, an extension of her self. 


A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful moments of the present, and the hope and promise of the future.


When I look at my daughter I see myself...only better.


A daughter may outgrow your lap, but she will never outgrow your heart. 


A little girl can be sweeter (and badder) oftener than anyone else in the world. she can jitter around, and stomp, and make funny noises that frazzle your nerves yet just when you open your mouth she stands there demure with that special look in her eyes. A girl is Innocence playing in the mud, Beauty standing on its head, and Motherhood dragging a doll by the foot.
-- Alan Beck


A daughter is a little girl who grows up to be a friend.


What the daughter does, the mother did. 


And mothers are their daughters' role model, their biological and emotional road map, the arbiter of all their relationships.


Of all the haunting moments of motherhood, few rank with hearing your own words come out of your daughter's mouth.


A daughter is a day brightener and a heart warmer. 


I believe in love and hope, in jamming out by yourself in the car.
I believe in having someone tell you You're Beautiful, dancing in the rain and miracles.
I believe in smiling until your cheeks hurt and laughing until you cry.


Mothers and daughters are closest, when daughters become mothers.


Daughters are like flowers, they fill the world with beauty, and sometimes attract pests.



Suddenly, through birthing a daughter, a woman finds herself face to face not only with an infant, a little girl, a woman-to-be, but also with her own unresolved conflicts from the past and her hopes and dreams for the future.... As though experiencing an earthquake, mothers of daughters may find their lives shifted, their deep feelings unearthed, the balance struck in all relationships once again off kilter. 


Oh Miss Nanners...what would we ever do without you???
I Love this little sassafrass drama queen to Heaven and back...and maybe a bit more...

No comments: