Grant me patience
to deal with my
BLESSINGS!

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

"What is most important almost always involves the people around us."

~Hiking up Scout Mountain for Anna's birthday. 

"Often we assume that they must know how much we love them. But we should never assume; we should let them know. Wrote William Shakespeare, 'They do not love that do not show their love.' We will never regret the kind words spoken or the affection shown. Rather, our regrets will come if such things are omitted from our relationships with those who mean the most to us."

 ~President Thomas S. Monson, "Finding Joy in the Journey" Ensign Nov. 2008, 86.





"When we have sampled much and have wandered far and have seen how fleeting and sometimes superficial a lot of the world is, our gratitude grows for the privilege of being part of someting we can count on--home and family and the loyalty of loved ones. We come to know what it means to be bound together by duty, by respect, by belonging. We learn that nothing can fully take the place of the blessed relationship of family life."

~"A Sanctuary from the World," Worldwide Leadership Training Meeting, Feb. 9, 2008, 29.



My dad really is awesome. He gives the best advice, and I value his wisdom. He is ever supportive of me and my family and always respectful of my beilefs. I try to be more like him every year.


Wayment Family Luao, August 2011 
(1.My dad and I, 2. Russ, Kya, and Ben 3. My sisters Emma, Alisha, Haylee, and me!)

I have the BEST sisters. They are all my bestest of friends. We have overcome so much and they will always be the ones who remain the closest to my heart (along with my husband and children) 


"Everyone has weaknesses. The adversary knows the Achilles' heel of your loved ones, your friends, your roomates, your brothers and sisters, and your parents. Do you understand your Achilles' heel? Do you know the situations you have to stay away from and what your weaknesses are? The secret of a happy marriage is to protect the Achilles' heel and not take advantage of the weakness of those you know the best, love the most, and ultimately can hurt the most.

"Therefore, strengthen your brethren in all your conversation, in all your prayers, in all your exhortations, and in all your doings" (D&C 108:7)"

~Elder Robert D. Hales, "A Little Heaven on Earth" Ensign, Sept. 2011, 48.




"Give your child a compliment and a hug; say, 'I love you' more; always express your thanks. Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved. Friends move away, children grow up, loved ones pass on. It's so easy to take others for granted, until that day when they're gone from our lives and we are left with feelings of 'what if' and 'if only'...

"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey and share our love with friends and family. One day, each of us will run out of tomorrows. Let us not put off what is most important."

~President Thomas S. Monson, "Joy in the Journey" (Brigham Young University Women's Conference, May 2, 2008)


 Mosiah 5:15 “Therefore, I would that ye should be steadfast and immovable, always abounding in good works.”

"To you who are parents, I say, show love to your children. You know you love them, but make certain they know it as well. They are so precious. Let them know. Call upon our Heavenly Father for help as you care for their needs each day and as you deal with the challenges which inevitably come with parenthood. You need more than your own wisdom in rearing them."

~"Abundantly Blessed" Ensign, May 2008, 112.



 Fun at the Pocatello Zoo...the toys were the best part!


"...express your love to your children. Pray for them that they may be able to withstand the evils of the world. Pray that they may grow in faith and testimony. Pray that they may pursue lives of goodness and of service to others."

~"Until We Meet Again," Ensign, May 2009, 113



“Establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God” (D&C 88:119).



"May our families and homes be filled with love; love of each other, love of the gospel, love of our fellowmen, and love of our Savior. As a result, heaven will be a little closer here on earth.

"May we make of our homes sanctuaries to which our family members will ever want to return."

~"A Sanctuary From the World," 30-31


All of these quotes have described exactly what has been on my mind over the summer, what I am trying to accomplish with my own family and within my own home. I wanted to share them with you, in hopes that they will help inspire and uplift you like they have me, in giving direction and instruction to better help all families everywhere to be a little better, and to reach a little higher. Much is asked of us in these latter days, but I know I can do what Heavenly Father sent me here to do, as long as I have the help of my family, gospel, scriptures, and words from our Prophet and Apostles, general authorities, and local church leaders. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints is a blessing in my life and I will ever be thankful to be a member for all that I have learned and how it has helped and will continue to help me become more like my Savior. It is hard to go through the "refiner's fire" but I know it is worth it in the end. I was sent here to do many things, and one thing I know for sure, was to be a mother. How grateful I am to be one! And I am so ready to wake up each day and find ways where I can be a better one. I will always have a purpose in this life as long as I have my children gathered around me.

No comments: