Grant me patience
to deal with my
BLESSINGS!

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Four things you ought to know...

#1. I just bought everything needed to make my first Quiet Book for Miss Loo's birthday the end of October! I am so excited...and really don't have a clue...but none-the-less EXCITED!!! And I only spent $20.00 for everything, and should have enough left over to make some more pages that will go to Anna's Quiet Book for Christmas. Woo!

#2. I went to Smith's this morning after I took Anna to school. It is so nice to shop in the early morning, and I love the smaller stores in town. The checkers at Smith's are so fast too! And they have car carts. I mean, come on, hello??? Grocery shopping is 100 times easier with kids when you get to push them around in a car cart!!! As I was in the treat isle, trying to decide what treats to buy for General Conference weekend, Carter decided he wanted a big bag of candies and mom said, "Uh...nope." He started crying. I picked up the bag of Hershey Kisses in my cart, and said, "Look Carter, I already got your favorite treat." He cried more, insisting that he did NOT like them! It was quite funny to me, actually, and funny to the worker a few feet away who was stocking shelves.

Then this worker stood up and said to Carter, "Would you like for me to give you a treat?"

His tears stopped in an instant as he shook his head, "YES!"

Then she said, "Tell you what, if you can be a good boy for your mom, I will give you a treat, okay?"

Sold!! Carter agreed.

She let him pick what he wanted, opened the bag, and gave him a handful, reminding him he had to be good. Then she went to the check stand and bought the bag of chocolates she shared with my Mister Man.

I told her "Thank you!" and so did Carter, but as I was driving home, I felt like I should have said more. Such a kind thing for a stranger to do. She could have rolled her eyes and been annoyed at Carter's tantrum, judged me in 100 different ways, vowed to herself to never have kids...but instead she chose to be kind. And I am so grateful.

Thank you brown-haired girl who works at Smith's!! Such a small and simple act of kindness will be remembered for a long time.

#3. Speaking of treats for General Conference....I am so excited to listen to a prophet speak this weekend!! Need I say more??? It's gonna be good!

#4. Which leads to more excitement this weekend....I am also going to Twin Falls Saturday night so I can see my newest nephew Jaxton Jay Shaw, who was born this week. My sister was in labor for 12 hours, couldn't dilate past a 5, and then the baby went into distress. So she ended up having a c-section, but all is well, and I cannot wait to hold the little cutie bug fresh from Heaven!!! And I am so looking forward to spending an entire day with my sisters (while Russ stays home with the kids...what a good husband!)

Yup...my life is good...my Heavenly Father loves me...I have amazing kids...my husband...well, I don't have the words right now...but he is pretty much awesome and has been my greatest advocate...pushing me to be the person I want to be and to do the things that make me happy. We are by far perfect. And so is our life. We have trials...but guess what? Everyone does...and no matter what we go through, there is always a way to find inside yourself the strength to move on, learn from your trials, own up to your mistakes, repent and become better.

Trials are funny things...we can embrace them or fight them...but there's only one way to find true happiness.

I choose happiness.

The End.




PS: If you haven't had the chance to go hiking....GO!! Before our wonderful fall weather turns too cold!!! Speaking of fall...my most favorite month of the whole year will be here in just 2 days!!! October makes my heart happy!!! Hmm, hmm, good stuff to come....

2 comments:

My name is Becka said...

Hey! Thanks for commenting on my blog :)
Actually, I feel like I know Haylee because my sister raves about her, when I have only met her in person maybe one time? She seems awesome though, and I am happy to hear about her engagement.
I really liked your story about the check out lady. It makes me realize that I can be nicer.
But my favorite part was when you said that yeah, we aren't perfect, but we can own up to our mistakes and then do better.
That was so nicely put. Really, it makes me want to go to bed pondering it.

The Nelsons said...

I love October as well. It's so pretty. We always go on a tiny hike up to the ISU pillars every fall. It's fun.
How's the jogging going? You looked like a pro pushing your kids. I was looking through all of your blogs and wondered how things were going with your brother, Ben. I hope ok. You are so active- how do you do it all?