Grant me patience
to deal with my
BLESSINGS!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I spoke too soon!!!


I don't know what kind of luck we are having this week, but it seems to be some pretty darn good luck for injuries!!! I should have felt that foreboding feeling this morning after I exclaimed last night about no more "tragedies" this week!! I could have at least knocked on wood! Oh well, lesson learned, there will definitely be the knocking of wood next time! Or maybe I will just make it a daily morning ritual...better luck that way!


We began our morning as usual, kids up, eating breakfast, getting dressed, and brushing teeth. I was just getting ready to take Anna to school when Carter comes running up to me from Anna's room, head bleeding! I grabbed a rag and slapped it on his head, as Kya is fussing because of Carter's crying and Anna tells me in a whir that Carter was flinging his blanket at the sheet metal I am using to make the kids a magnetic chore chart. I got it out yesterday, so I could work on some things, and put it in Anna's room last night. The kids had their magnets on it and Carter was apparently trying to knock them off with his blanket when Anna asked him to hold it while she opened her closet. (since it was resting against the closet doors) Somehow, the sheet metal sliced open his head, though I cannot figure out how, since he was standing and the top of the sheet metal only comes up to his waist. There are some details we are missing, but anyhow, I taped on some gauze and called the Children's Clinic and we got him in before 9am.

He was really calm at the clinic and the nurse was able to rinse the cut 3 times with a special syringe, which she gave to Carter to keep...it's his "water gun"...then they put a numbing agent on a cotton ball and put it on the cut with a bandaid over the top and left us to wait in the room for 15 minutes. While we waited, Carter helped me tell a story about a dinosaur who got numerous cuts and what happened after each incident! haha! Then the doctor came in and stitched him up. Carter did so awesome, he didn't cry at all, even when the doctor couldn't get two of the stitches through the bottom of his cut very well...he said he must have some pretty thick skin or something!!

Then we got to go home! We stopped by McDonald's for some ice cream (because there is nowhere in Pocatello that serves ice cream before 11am!) because Carter was so stinking brave and cute the whole time we were at the clinic!!! He is VERY excited to show Anna his stitches when she gets home from school!


So now we've got two little ones with war wounds to show off this week!

Don't worry, I am not going to say ANYTHING about more tragedies happening in this house!!!

.

..knock on wood...

2 comments:

Jangs said...

Good grief what a week. You can form a club for Harry Potter type scars!

The Nelsons said...

Ouch! You guys are having some bad luck! He will have a cool scar though!