Grant me patience
to deal with my
BLESSINGS!

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Fun with Emily!

Last week we went to Pocatello and stayed from Sunday evening until Thursday night. We figured since Russ had to work (he is still working in Pocatello until he finds a job in Rexburg) we would go along and have a "vacation"! We went to the zoo with Geoff and Jenny and baby Emily! It was HOT and the kids loved it! Anna had to keep reassuring herself before we got there about the bears. Suddenly she was afraid of them! She told me, "Mommy, da bears...dey not git me...dey dead!" I had to keep explaining to her that although they were not dead, they would not get her! Once we got to the bear cage, she was ok, though she kept telling me things like, "Mommy, I not pet dat bear...it bite me!" and "Mommy, dat bear not yike grumpy yittle dirls, dat bear ony yike happy dirls!"

After the zoo, we went to upper Ross park and had a picnic dinner, pushed the kids on the swings while Geoff and Russ played a little frisbee golf, and of course had to get some pictures in too! Anna loves little "emmy" and Emily loves everything! She is the cutest and it gets even better...she has red curly hair! After all the fun we had to "cool off" and get some good ol ice cream from Farrs! Thanks guys for a really fun day!!

No comments: