Grant me patience
to deal with my
BLESSINGS!

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I am feeling Success!! Yeah!

I decided to make a few goals for Anna before she turned three. Let me explain:

Goal 1- No more "Sippy" cups! I was feeling a little silly once, when I helped in Anna's nursery class. It seemed that ALL the younger children could drink out of a normal Dixie cup better than her! So....I decided that the "sippy" fairy will be visiting for Anna's birthday and take the cups to other "babies" who are not big girls and big boys! I will let you know how that goes!

Goal 2-To finally have Anna going potty all by herself! (Meaning: going to the bathroom, getting on the potty, wiping-I only help with the poopies, getting off, and pulling up the panties! I have been encouraging her for awhile, but she went through this stage at two and a half years old where she refused to do it at all unless I helped her!! It was very annoying at times! (yes, I do get annoyed with my kids at times...who knew?)

Goal 3-No more bedtime drinks! Anna has been potty-trained for a year now, but we still have her wear pull-ups at night because she would have random accidents, and I got really tired of changing the bed sheets so often sometimes, especially in the middle of the night! Ohhhh, so, so annoying!!! Yes, again, annoyed by the little cute one! So, we don't allow drinks anymore before bedtime...which Anna is ADDICTED to!!! The "weaning" process is actually going ten times better than I expected! She asks a couple times, cries a little, then goes to sleep! Hurray!

Goal 4-Anna gets to wear panties to bed! This one is a big one for me! I am so stoked about it!!! Some parents get sad when their babies grow up, but I am always thrilled with every accomplishment they make as they grow up! It is great! I always tell people that I love my kids even more (hard to believe) as they get older! Anna has been wearing panties for nap-time and now bedtime for a week! She has only had one accident, and that was today at nap-time, which is weird, because she has been wearing panties at nap-time for 6 months or more! Gotta expect some mistakes her and there!

Soooo....Anna is doing great and we are so proud of her and all that she is accomplishing! We love her more than life! There is no greater gift than children! *sigh* makes me want to just squeeze her right now and pop her little head off!! (motherhood has given me some weird urges!!!)

1 comment:

Suzie-Q said...

Those are great goals that you have set for Anna (or yourself) I should really sit down and and come up for some gaol for my three kids. I think setting goals is a great way toget things accomplished and I should really do it more often.