Grant me patience
to deal with my
BLESSINGS!

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Anna's new "do"

For the past two years, Anna has twirled her hair around her finger. It has become quite the habit that she does now without even thinking about it! We didn't think it was a problem until I took Anna to get her hair trimmed. My friend Lisa Guardipee was trimming her hair when she noticed considerable breakage on the left side of her head. It then dawned on me that it was from her twirling habit!
So...we decided that we would just try to stop her from doing it....like that worked! It was a successful as trying to get Russ to put the toilet seat down! We would just remind Anna every time we saw her twirling her hair to stop...she would complain...go back to twirling...even scare tactics didn't work with her! She didn't care if all her hair would fall out, she was still going to twirl!
One day when I had to get after her for twirling her hair she told me very matter-of-factly that, "Daddy told me to!" I insisted that he did no such thing and she insisted that he did! Well, finally I decided that the hair had to come off! All her hair on the left side of her head was shorter than all the rest and it looked silly! So, I gave her a bath and started cutting. It turned out quite cute! She is still twirling her hair, but hopefully it won't be the same and tapper off, eh? I know that Russ, to my utter horror, would love to give her a buzz!

1 comment:

Mary Clark said...

What a cute haircut. And to think that you cut it yourself. if I did that my kids wouldn't have any hair left. Im not so good at keeping it even. Good luck with the hair twirling.