Grant me patience
to deal with my
BLESSINGS!

Friday, June 27, 2008

Ending on a good note....

I was just thinking, you know, I might have a toddler who throws tantrums (who knew?) but there is one great thing we have here....the Rexburg temple!!! I got up this morning and went through a session while Russ stayed home with the kids. It was AWESOME!!!! I haven't been to the temple since Carter was born and I was badly needing the trip!

There is nothing that will put you in better perspective about life, nothing that will uplift and inspire and sustain you than the temple! I just tried to soak up everything while I was there and hope I could bring some of that back home with me, that maybe my husband and kids would notice the difference.

I felt like today I had so much more patience, I tried to be more understanding and loving and fun. I felt this renewed desire to be the kind of mom that my Heavenly Father needs me to be. I knew that when I got home, there is no better calling I have in my life right now that is more important than being a mother and homemaker.

I know that when I wake up in the morning, it is up to me how our day is going to be. If I am in a bad mood, so is everyone else. If I am being negative or uninvolved in what my kids are doing, it affects our home atmosphere and our family, it really does!! Believe me, I've experienced it too many times! We can't expect to find happiness in other places or from other people, we have to find it in ourselves. (and if you have a bad day, don't take it out on your family...I need to take that advice!)

So go to the temple if you can! It was the best choice I ever made today because it made everything else that I did for the rest of the day so much better!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I completely agree amber, and I am really excited for our temple in twin to be finished. I have recently decided that college and career is not as important to me as it used to be, and am looking forward to starting my own family....just say it...I know you are dying to say "I told you so"