Grant me patience
to deal with my
BLESSINGS!

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

CAT Adventure...

I have noticed a stray cat wandering around our apartment complex over the past few weeks and when we went outside, Anna finally found it! We slowly approached the cat to make sure it wouldn't attack ( you know, nightmares moms have about cats attacking our kids...) and we found that the cat was very friendly, much to Anna's utter delight! Anna LOVES cats and so she decided that she was going to take care of this one! When we first found the cat, it was eating grass, so the smart person that I am thought, "Hmmm, this cat might be hungry." And what is the worst thing a person can do to a stray cat? Feed it! Soooo, we fed the poor thing a piece of a hot dog....yummmy!

After feeding the cat, it officially adopted us as its new owners....yeah! Anna was having a blast and kept telling me how much the kitty liked her and how much she liked the kitty! At this point I decided to take some action and asked Anna if she wanted to help me find the kitty a new home. We lured the cat into our apartment, fed it some more hot dog and milk, while Anna started pulling out her toys and favorite blanket to show the cat! As Anna was trying to get the cat to chase a ball, I called the animal shelter, and someone came and took the cat away. Anna asked me why they put the cat in a cage, and so I had the "talk" with her about these certain instances about stray cats. She told me the cat was going back to her mommy. Children always have so much hope and my sweet little two year old daughter always sees things in a positive light. The cat's life might not have lasted much longer at the animal shelter, but for Anna and me, we know that the cat is very happy in its new home with a mommy that loves it!

No comments: